East West Medical College | MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
East-West Medical College, Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh Affiliated with University of Dhaka
East-West Medical College & Hospital is a leading medical institute in Bangladesh. The institute is located at Aichi Nagar, JBCS Saroni, Khairtak, Turag, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
It is situated at the bank of river Turag with natural flourishing surroundings and five kilometers away from Hazrat Shah Jalal International airport.
East-West Medical College is to provide an excellent broad-based education with a focus on professional development for the students to equip them with knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary not only to address the priority health problems of the community but also to acquire a firm basis for future training and studies.
Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Registered Educational & Authorized Consultants providing MBBS admission with 100% Seat Confirmation.
East-West Medical College & Hospital is a registered institution permitted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and affiliated to Dhaka University and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC). The college offers a 5 years MBBS course as formulated by BMDC.
The Head of the institute is the principal who controls, supervises, and monitors the overall academic activities of the institute. There are 4 phases. 1st phase ends with the 1st professional, 2nd phase ends with 2nd professional and 3rd phase ends with the 3rd professional examination and the 4th phase ends with the final professional examination. There is 3 term in the 1st & 2 terms in the 2nd phase.
1st Phase duration (1st Professional examination): 1.5 years ends with the course: 1. Anatomy, 2. Physiology, 3. Biochemistry.
2nd Phase duration (2nd Professional examination): 1 year ends with the course: 1. Forensic Medicine, 2. Community Medicine.
3rd Phase duration (3rd Professional examination): 1 year ends with the course: 1. Pathology, 2. Pharmacology, 3. Microbiology.
4th phase duration (Final Professional examination): 1.5 years end with the course: 1. Medicine & Pediatrics, 2. General Surgery, Eye, ENT, 3. Obstetrics & Gynecology.
General Principles for native students:
- 1. Students who have passed S.S.C before 2013 are not eligible to apply.
- 2. Students who have passed the H.S.C or equivalent examination with physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 2015/2016, are eligible to apply.
- G.P.A obtained in S.S.C and H.S.C must have at least a total of 9.00 and must not be below 3.50 in any examination.
- GPA must be a minimum of 3.50 in Biology in HSC.
General Principles for foreign students:
- For Kashmiri Students who have passed SSC / O level / 10 Class are not before 2014.
- For Kashmiri Students who have passed HSC / A level / 12 Class are not before 2016.
For another foreign countries:
* students who have passed SSC / O level / 10 Class are not before 2014.
* students who have passed HSC / A level / 12 Class are not before 2016. SSC / O level / 10 Class: Minimum GPA – 3.00 HSC / A level / 12 Class: Minimum GPA – 3.00 In Biology minimum GPA is 3.50 Total GPA is 7.00
- Equivalence certificate of mark sheets of “O & A” level and foreign Students should be obtained from the office of the Director General of Health services, (Director, Medical education) Mohakhali, Dhaka and must be submitted with the application form.
- Any criteria laid down by the D.G Health, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
The procedure of selection for admission for Native Students
- Selection for admission is controlled by the D.G Health, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
- Southern Medical College
- Islami Bank Medical College
- International Medical College
- Marks Medical College
- Dhaka National Medical College
- Popular Medical College
- Brahmanbaria Medical College
- Uttara Adhunik Medical College
- Enam Medical College and Hospital
- Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College
- Community Based Medical College
- Ibn Sina Medical College
- Shahabuddin Medical College
- Barind Medical College
- Monno Medical College
- Parkview Medical College
- H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
- Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College
- Delta Medical College
- Central Medical College
- Eastern Medical College
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College