Dhaka National Medical CollegeThe Dhaka National Medical College inherits her glorious predecessor the Dhaka National Medical Institute, which was established in 1925 as a part of the Non-cooperation movement of the Indian Sub-continent against the British colonial rule, organized jointly by the Indian National Congress and the Indian Muslim League under the Leadership of Mahatma Gandhi, Mawlana Muhammad Ali and Mawlana Shawkat Ali. Along with other programs, the Non-cooperation movement urged upon the People of the sub-continent to boycott educational institutions established and administered by the British Govt. and to establish National Schools, Colleges, and Institutes for modern scientific education by the local people themselves. Accordingly, two Medical Schools were established in the Bengal Province to produce National Doctors of modern medicine. One such Medical School was at Calcutta, named Calcutta National Medical Institute, and the other at Dhaka, named Dhaka National Medical Institute. The Dhaka National Medical Institute was established at Dhaka near Bahadur Shah Park on land donated by Zamider Raghunath Das. Many Nationalists donated money for its construction & establishment. The First Governing Body of the Institute was formed under the chairmanship of renowned scientist Sir Prafulla Chandra Roy KBE. The governing body included Nationalist leaders like Sir Khwaja Nazim Uddin KBE, former Chief Minister of the Begnal, Dr. J.C. Ghosh founder of Ayurveda Institute, Shadhana Ausadhalya, Roy Bahadur Kashab Chandra Banarjee, Zamider Jogesh Chandra Das, and prominent persons.
For direct MBBS online Direct admission, Scholarship, and information, Contact Fortune Education: Call or Whatsapp +880-1995529533, +91-9903355537
OverviewThe Institute started its journey of a four-year medical course (LMF) on modern scientific medicine after matriculation. A general Hospital for clinical teaching for the medical students and medical services to the local people was also established. In 1958, the 4 years medical course (LMF) was closed by the then Provincial government of East Pakistan to be replaced by a 5-year medical degree course in the future (MBBS). The Dhaka National Medical Institute could not open the 5-year MBBS course due to the non-cooperation of the Pakistan Govt. From 1965 the Dhaka National Medical Institute became limited to a general hospital for the local people. In 1971, during the Liberation War of Bangladesh, the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital was a safe shelter for the Freedom Fighters of the Liberation War. Just after the liberation of Bangladesh in 1972, the hospital’s condition was on the verge of collapse due to financial crisis and absence of any Administrative Body as the previous Governing Body and the Trustee Board of the Institute were almost absent.
LocationDhaka National Medical College is Located at 53/1, Johnson Road, Sutrapur Thana, Dhaka. Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman took initiative by himself to rescue the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital and granted a Taka of thirty-five lacs immediately for running the hospital and an Adhoc Governing Body was formed for the Institute hospital under the chairmanship of Mr. M. Sirajul Islam MLA for the smooth administration and development of the hospital. Mr. M. Sirajul Islam took the active initiative to allocate a donation of taka twenty-five lacs from the Bangladesh Assistance Society of India. A rule was made by the Govt. of Bangladesh for the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital (DNMIH) that a Management Board will be formed henceforth for every four years of its proper administration and a yearly financial grant will be allotted for the hospital according to the need assessed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Bangladesh. The initial financial grant for the Hospital was Taka two crore yearly. Now it is Tk. Five Crore. In return, the hospital shall treat 40% of its patients free.
About Marine City Medical CollegeMarine City Medical College is a non-government Medical College situated in Chattogram, Bangladesh. It was established in 2013 by a group of dedicated people who were involved with ideals at providing quality Medical Education, research, and services to people of this country at a reasonable cost. It is situated at 1101/2127, Chandra Nagar, East Nasirabad, Bayazid Bostami in Chattogram. Government alone cannot provide a higher health care facility with a Medical College in this Country. So the private sectors should come forward to collaborate with Government and proceed to increase the number and quality of health service facilities and health manpower as a joint venture. Our endeavor is to reach to attain the level of health care close to the regional and international standards. We strongly believe that within a short time Marine City Medical College Hospital will become an attractive study point in Medical Profession not only for natives but also for foreign students.
Recognitions of Marine City Medical CollegeMarine City Medical College is affiliated with Chittagong Medical University & Chittagong University. This Medical College is recognized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare & Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC). Marine City has its own academic infrastructure that is utilized for the teaching-learning activities of Medical students as well as providing curative, preventive, primitive, and rehabilitative health care services to the people. The standard of the MBBS program and quality of health care is ensured by research studies and evaluation.
For direct MBBS online Direct admission, Scholarship, and information, Contact Fortune Education: Call or Whatsapp +880 1995529533, +91-9903355537
The regular activities of the college are executed by weekly seminars, monthly faculty development workshops and conduction of resource activities for academic development is a matter of pride of this institution. Marine City has excellent, experienced, and dedicated faculty members who are all trained in advanced level teaching technologies. The College has state of art, tertiary care, multispecialty teaching hospital with all the modern diagnostic and therapeutic facilities. The College has spacious, well-equipped laboratories, lecture halls with modern audio-visual aids, multimedia projectors, etc. It provides excellent library facilities with reference books, national and international journals, CDs, DVDs, etc to help the students with a balanced learning environment. Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh is World Leading & Pioneer Education Consultant of Medical colleges & universities. Providing MBBS, BDS, BVSc admission for medical aspirants & prospective students who are interested to study MBBS, BDS, BVSc and considering higher study opportunities in Bangladesh and overseas. Fortune Education has legal rights to process admission to Medical, Dental colleges and universities all over the world. We offer MBBS, BDS & others Admission, Application, Guidance, Documentation, and required services such as to eligible students regarding medical and higher studies… Fortune Education invites students to register for MBBS & BDS admission with a special Scholarship for the academic year 2021-22.
HistoryFrom the very beginning, the Management Board of the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital proposed and moved for establishing one Medical College with the DNMIH. At last in 1994 under the dynamic leadership of the chairman of the Management Board of the Dhaka National Medical Institute & Hospital Mr. Sadeque Hossan Khoka MP, the long-expected Dhaka National Medical College came into existence. The College was formally inaugurated and the foundation stone was laid by the former Prime Minister on the 15th October 1995. The new Academic Building of the College was inaugurated by the former Mayor of Dhaka City Corporation and former Chairman of the College Mr. Sadek Hossain Khoka MP, on the 25th of November 2006. DNMC is running as per rules and regulations laid down by the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC), and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Dhaka National Medical College is a non-political and non-profitable organization. Now the college has a new 11 storied academic building with adequate parking facilities. Graduates of Dhaka National Medical College are eligible for limited registration with the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom. They are also eligible to take the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE). Governing body of the college is formed by the University of Dhaka for the overall management of the College. Advocate Kazi Firoz Rashid, MP is the Chairman of the present governing body of the college. Under his direct leadership, the master plan of the vision to build up the digital Bangladesh of Prime Minister SK Hasina is in progress. The National Medical family is proud of the gradual & steady development during the period of Sheikh Hasina’s Government under the Chairmanship of Advocate Kazi Firoz Rashid, MP.
Recent developments of College & Hospital :* Valuable land expansion to build up a new student Hostel (SHEIKH RUSSEL INTERNATIONAL HOSTEL). * Establishment of a nursing institute is under process. * Vertical extension of the academic building according to the recognized plan is completed for the Dental Unit of the college. * Extension of clinical activities by opening the new building. * Opening of new departments like Dental Unit, Interventional Cardiology (Cath Lab), Neuro-medicine, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, and Endocrinology with well-equipped and efficient manpower. * Improvement and expansion of Laboratory medicine, Radiology, and Imaging. * Uninterrupted power supply by modern automated generator system both in hospital and college for 24 hours * Central AC service is ensured in college buildings as a construction plan. * New two lift in hospital building is added * To ensure better and efficient patient care, Fast-track consultant services both morning & evening have been introduced. In the First Batch, 63 Medical Students got admitted to the College in the 1994-95 session. In this session 2019-2020, 130 students have been admitted in the 26th batch. Already a total of 1804 graduate Doctors have been passed from the college and they are working with fame in home and abroad. It is well equipped and provides quality health care to the public at a reasonable cost. The entire hospital staff is dedicated to excellence and service. Now the college has emerged as one of the best Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Admission Process (International Students):
- All mark sheets, certificates & testimonials must be attested by their educational board, education ministry, and the foreign ministry of their respective country.
- Students must fill up a prescribed form which is available in the embassy/high commission of Bangladesh in their own country.
- Equivalence certificate issued by the Director, Medical Education and DG Health of Bangladesh.
- You have to learn Bangla to communicate with the patient.
- The price of the Form is taka 1000 (One thousand).
- Medical Check-up by the college authority.
- Accommodation is available for foreign students.
FEES STRUCTURE( Foreign Student)The total Fee for the MBBS course in Dhaka National Medical College is US$ 54,000.00 Contact Fortune Education at +880 1995529533 for fees Details
Admission GuidelineThe Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures for the admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need to take if you want to get admitted into Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC). If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relations with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in an MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Eligibility Criteria (Foreign Student):
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2017.
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects.
- HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2019.
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 9.00 (Nine).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.5 (three & half).
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Minimum GPA in Biology: 3.5 (three & a half).
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decide to get admitted into Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC).
- NEET Certificate (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) Must be mandatory.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College Passed Certificates.
- Mark/Grade Sheet.
- School Leaving Certificate (Testimonial).
- Copy of Passport.
- Two Passport Size Photograph of Applicant.
- Only applications transmitted through Bangladesh Mission abroad will be accepted. Applications must reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dhaka by 2020.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministry of the respective country, and respective Bangladesh Mission abroad/respective foreign Mission based in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark sheets/transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to the Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport, and a letter of intent to the Dhaka National Medical College office (Email: email@example.com) for advance booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, the Dhaka National Medical College office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
For direct MBBS online Direct admission, Scholarship, and information, Contact Fortune Education: Call or Whatsapp +880 1995529533, +91-9903355537
College FeaturesThe department trains the students in all branches of Human Anatomy using traditional and innovative methods. All faculty members are provided with computers and the offices have internet connections. The postgraduate qualified faculty are trained in teaching and student evaluation. There are normal and clinically relevant Radiographs for regular small group discussions with students. The well-equipped research facility is utilized for routine Histological and Cytogenetics research. The facilities meet all the requirements of undergraduate teaching and learning. All the laboratories are air-conditioned and are equipped with audiovisual facilities. The department produces high-quality Histology Microscopic slides, which are commercially supplied to several medical schools within and outside the country. Active body donor programs cater to the requirement of cadavers for efficient training of undergraduate students. The department houses the cold storage facility where 05 cadavers can be stored at a time. The Museum of Anatomy rated as one of the best in the world is an added attraction.
- Trains undergraduate Medical students
- Air-conditioned lecture theatres with full-fledged audio-visual units
- Integrated both horizontal and vertical teaching with other basic science and clinical disciplines
- Air-conditioned cadaveric dissection hall with LCD’s for a regular video demonstration of dissection classes
- Cadavers are regularly stored in the cold storage with an uninterrupted power supply
- Histology lab has the microscope for demonstration of the microscopic slides
- Every student was provided with a microscope and Histology slides for study during the practical classes
- Department equipped with research facilities for tissue culture and cytogenetics
- Anatomy Museum houses the best-dissected specimens numbering more than 1,000 for students to revise on all days.
Areas of StudyAnatomy is a branch of medicine that studies the structure and functions of the human body. This branch of medicine specializes in research and practice of histology tissue processing, cadaveric dissection, museum specimen preparation, cytogenetics, and cultivation of tissue cultures.
Library FacilitiesThere is a comfortable room of separate space in the library with multimedia for the teachers and medical officers for the purpose of reading and research activities. Three (3) reading tables and twelve (12) seating chairs are for teachers’ studies in the library. There are two (2) air-conditioned reading rooms besides the library as a part of the library. About 48 students can easily use the reading rooms at a time. It has 3 bag shelves for keeping the students’ bags of about 100 students at a time. Besides the reading room and in front of the library main gate, One room is available for female students’ prayer. Pure drinking water is provided to the students through an automatic purify water machine. There are two (2) toilets for male students and three (3) toilets for female students. Library staff are very knowledgeable, helpful, and dedicated to satisfying the students and teachers through providing the best services to them.
ResourcesThe library has a rich collection of about 6232 text and reference books of original print and publishers with the latest edition. It has forty (40) local Journals and three (3) International Journals for upgrading and enlargement of medical professionals. The college publishes Journals twice a year in March and September, ISSN: 1815-3100 (Print), 2408-86925 (Online). The Journal is recognized by BM & DC. The college distributes the Journals to different medical colleges and hospitals, BMRC, Center for Medical Education DG Health, BSMMU, National Library, and Documentation Center. The Collection of this library is increasing gradually because the library is a growing organization. It has registered internet access by HINARY to provide services to the readers.
Wifi & Surveillance FacilitiesIt also includes a Wi-Fi facility (a huge dedicated bandwidth) to facilitate academic activities and research of the students and faculty members. Five (5) computers with internet connection facilities are provided. Students’ activities in the library are monitored and controlled with a modern CC Camera by the Principal through the active cooperation of the ICT Cell of Dhaka National Medical College.
Bangabandhu CornerBangabandhu Corner is going to be established immediately in a suitable room in the library. There is a separate space with multimedia for the teachers and medical officers for the purpose of reading and research activities.
Accommodation FacilityTotal 229 rooms & 365 seats in boy’s hostel & 93 rooms & 282 seats in girl’s hostel. Name of the boys’ hostel: Hazi Selim building, Hazi Masum building, Idris Ali building, Sajjad H. Titu building & Sheikh Russel International Hostel and Name of the girl’s hostel: Abu Khayer building & College building.
Dining FacilityTotal 100 students for the boy’s hostel and 35 students for the girl’s hostel can take their meals at a time in the dining room. TV facilities are available in the dining room for girls’ hostels. Water purifiers are present there for pure drinking water at the dining room for boys and girls hostel. Meals are cooked by male/female cooks according to the student’s choice for boys and girls hostel.
Recreation FacilityTV facilities are available for boys’ hostels. Arrangements for playing Carrom board in boys hostel.
Prayer RoomArrangements for prayers in the boy’s hostel. For direct MBBS online Direct admission, Scholarship, and information, Contact Fortune Education: Call or Whatsapp +880 1995529533, +91-9903355537
About DhakaDhaka is the capital and the largest city of Bangladesh, as well as the largest city in the Bengal region. It is the eighth-largest and the fourth-most densely populous city in the world with, as of 2011, a population of 8.9 million residents within the city limits, and a population of over 21.7 million residents in the Greater Dhaka Area. Dhaka is the economic, political, and cultural center of Bangladesh, and is one of the major cities in South Asia, the largest city in Eastern South Asia and among the Bay of Bengal countries; and one of the largest cities among OIC countries. As part of the Bengal plain, the city is bounded by the Buriganga River, Turag River, Dhaleshwari River, and Shitalakshya River. The area of Dhaka has been inhabited since the first millennium. The city rose to prominence in the 17th century as a provincial capital and commercial center of the Mughal Empire. Dhaka was the capital of the proto-industrialized Mughal Bengal for 75 years (1608–39 and 1660–1704). As the center of the muslin trade in Bengal, it was one of the most prosperous cities in the world. The medieval city was named Jahangirabad in honor of the Mughal Emperor Jahangir. It hosted the seat of the Mughal Subahdar, Naib Nazims, Dhaka Nawabs, and Dewans. Medieval Dhaka’s glory peaked in the 17th and 18th centuries when it was home to merchants from across Eurasia. It was the center of a flourishing sea trade attracting European traders. The Mughals decorated the city with well-laid gardens, tombs, mosques, palaces, and forts. The city was once called the Venice of the East. Under British rule, the city saw the introduction of electricity, railways, cinemas, Western-style universities and colleges, and a modern water supply. It became an important administrative and educational center in British Raj, as the capital of Eastern Bengal and Assam province after 1905. In 1947, after the end of British rule, the city became the administrative capital of East Pakistan. It was declared as the legislative capital of Pakistan in 1962. In 1971, after the Liberation War, it became the capital of independent Bangladesh.
- BGC Trust Medical College
- Diabetic Association Medical College
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College
- Southern Medical College
- Islami Bank Medical College
- International Medical College
- Marks Medical College
- Popular Medical College
- Brahmanbaria Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
- Uttara Adhunik Medical College
- Enam Medical College and Hospital
- Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College
- Community Based Medical College
- Ibn Sina Medical College
- Shahabuddin Medical College
- H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
- Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College
- Delta Medical College
- Central Medical College
- Eastern Medical College
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College