Southern Medical College
Southern Medical College & Hospital (SMCH) was established in 2005. The College is affiliated with Chittagong University as a constituent college since & Recognized by BCPS, aiming to give the nation a group of luminous medical graduates who can help the have-nots by providing the highest possible quality of compassionate and cost-effective care and treatment, to each and every patient, producing high levels of patient satisfaction. The main object of the institute is to demonstrate high-standard medical education, training of personnel, and conducting experiments and research in various disciplines of medical sciences.
Southern Medical College and Hospital, associated with Chittagong Medical University is a fully accredited medical educational institution established under permission by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW), Government of Bangladesh, and authorized for a yearly intake of 65 freshman students.
Our academic norms and curricula have recognition by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Course (BM&DC) and are governed by strict adherence to BM&DC guidelines. Our MBBS degrees were affiliated with the University of Chittagong till recently and from the session 2017-2018 the affiliating authority has been officially transferred to Chittagong Medical University.
Southern Medical College Fees Structure for Foreign Students
Payment of admission fees, Development fees, Donation, and every one other charges Total: US$ 37,000.00
WHY STUDY MBBS IN SOUTHERN MEDICAL COLLEGE
- Southern Medical College is one of the leading medical colleges in Bangladesh, This medical college is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- It has been providing more than 25% seats for foreign students, this college is one of the choosable medical colleges for foreign students.
- This medical college is providing a very good campus, secured hostel facilities. A multi-special treatment hospital is located inside the college which helps students while doing their clinical practice.
- This college has a very low fees structure, a total of 35000 to 40000 USD for the MBBS Course.
MBBS Admission Procedure
The application form, prospectus, and other information are available at the office of Southern Medical College, and the completed application form and relevant documents must be submitted to the office by the candidate or his/her representative in person within the announced date and time.
Document to be attached
The students need to apply in the prescribed form which can be collected from the principal’s office. The completed form, along with the documents is to be submitted on or before the date as declared in the advertisement.
- Attested photocopies of the transcripts of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examinations.
- Attested photocopies of the certificate/testimonial of SSC and HSC or equivalent Examination.
- Four copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
- Nationality certificate from Chairman of the Union Parishad/Ward Commissioner of Metropolitan City of National ID Card.
- Money receipt of the purchased admission form.
- The admission form must be completed properly.
- Admit card from DG Health.
- Merit Score and Position of the exam taken by DG Health.
Fortune Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh is World Leading & Pioneer Education Consultant of Medical Colleges & Universities. Providing MBBS, BDS, BVSc admission for medical aspirants & prospective students who are interested to study MBBS, BDS, BVSc and considering higher study opportunities in Bangladesh and overseas.
Fortune Education has legal rights to process admission to Medical, Dental colleges and universities all over the world. We offer MBBS, BDS & others Admission, Application, Guidance, Documentation, and required services such as to eligible students regarding medical and higher studies…
Eligibility Criteria (Foreign Student):
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
Your eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2018.
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects.
- HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2020.
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 9.00 (Nine).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.5 (three & half).
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5.
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Minimum GPA in Biology: 3.5 (three & a half).
Location of Southern Medical College
Bahaddarhat Bus Terminal, Chittagong to Southern medical college has 5.7 km, we can reach within 15 min through Bayazid Bostami road to CDA Ave/N1. Another bus stand is the BRTC bus stand we can reach this college within 16 min. Chittagong Railway station to Southern medical college has 7.0 km through CDA Ave and Jubilee road we can reach this place within 20 min. Southern Medical College and hospital to Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong has 23.5 km with reaching the time of 45 min, through airport road.
(Online /Direct Admission & Seat Confirmation)
FOR ADMISSION AND OTHER QUARRIES, CONTACT:
HEAD OFFICE :
MOBILE & WHATSAPP: +88-01995529533
OFFICES IN INDIA: WEST BENGAL, MODON MOHON STREET, KOLKATA, PATNA, BIHAR, DELHI, JAMMU & KASMIR, HYDERABAD, LUCKNOW, CHENNAI, AND GUWAHATI.
MOBILE & WHATSAPP: +91-9903355537
Best Medical Colleges in Bangladesh to study MBBS